To many people the word brahmin and pandit means the same. I wanted my 2 brahmin friends accompanying me to a recent Jaipur trip, to visit the Amer fort temple. They wanted to leave fast and rest. I insisted..In the heat of Amer and the afternoon, my friend retorted "There is a difference between brahmins and Pandits", i stuck to my guns, "Whatever but i want you visiting the temple". A bystander (sharmaji) could not stop himself from asking the difference between brahmins and pandit (in his lovely heavily accented khadi boli) with my friend OM, and OM gave a very straight and accurate reply...Sharmaji was dumb struck,,,I don't remember the reply as i was enjoying the expression on sharmajis face after the reply from OM.. Answer - Pandits usually charge a fees for things that they do... like karm kand etc... Brahmins are the ones who are also priests, gurus etc but live on dakshina and not fees...
This is a follow up post based on a comment on my old post . Here are dictionary definitions of Role and designation Role - Prescribed or expected behavior associated with a particular position or status in a group or organization . Designation - nomination, appointment, or election to an office, position, etc. In many IT companies I have seen designations and roles as totally mismatch. So someone being called as an Architect does no different work from a developer. And sometimes Leads act as managers, and managers just act as project coordinators. This often leads to confusions among what is expected from people, and what are their goals. It's also important to understand that ROLE PRECEDES DESIGNATION. So if you are a lead aspiring to become a manager, in addition to your responsibilities, you need to get into the role of your manager. Start doing and understanding the nuances of being a manager. Any questions?
I have been using credit cards since quite some time now and have used of various banks. Here is a brief on my experience with them. HSBC - most avoidable. pathetic customer service and orientation. I wanted to use it, but the website is so stupid and customer care answers so arrogant, that i had to cancel it. ICICI - It seems they decided to give the reward points management to Imint. Which makes reward redemption a very messy deal. Again totally avoidable. SBI - I like this card, they don't call you too much or trouble you. But the website is not good, it is down occasionally. The points system even on the platinum card is not really that great. They used to have great offers at one point of time, but not anymore. Customer service is very bad,,,sometimes emails are not responded till a reminder is sent. HDFC - I have the card, used it once, got service charge added for petrol when they said it wont be...That was reversed after email, but i am confused, do i need to call them ever...
Comments