Here are some common reasons for people working late -
- Plain inefficient – Lacking logical thinking you spend loads of time on simple problems.
- Bad planning – Managers bad planning, leaving no time for the execution phase, so team has to slog.
- Bad process – Whole process is inefficient so lots of time waste.
- Managers perception – If people working late are assumed to be efficient, then you have to sit late..
- Bad personal planning – people wasting time in initial phases and then scrambling in the end. We tend to have the last minute scrambling syndrome.
- Inefficient team – So you end up doing what you team was to do. This is probably fine in initial phases but sometimes it just never improves.
- Office perks - Bachelors sit for free internet, coffee, dinner, comp off's, etc.