Here is the problem statements -
- Employees want something in office to heat food.
- 300 Employees approx. (not all being food from home)
- Existing microwave becomes faulty.
- Probable cause is people keeping foil and steel utensils.
Install a hot case. Benefits -
- Less fault prone - People can use foil/steel utensils.
- More space
- Less electricity consumption.
A perfect solution, only problem is that the Hot-case is just not used. This is what happens when the focus is on the problem and not on meeting the objective.