- HSBC - most avoidable. pathetic customer service and orientation. I wanted to use it, but the website is so stupid and customer care answers so arrogant, that i had to cancel it.
- ICICI - It seems they decided to give the reward points management to Imint. Which makes reward redemption a very messy deal. Again totally avoidable.
- SBI - I like this card, they don't call you too much or trouble you. But the website is not good, it is down occasionally. The points system even on the platinum card is not really that great. They used to have great offers at one point of time, but not anymore. Customer service is very bad,,,sometimes emails are not responded till a reminder is sent.
- HDFC - I have the card, used it once, got service charge added for petrol when they said it wont be...That was reversed after email, but i am confused, do i need to call them every-time for something that basic? Not using it now.
- Citibank - I found it to be most professional and with best practices. Using it since last 7-8 years with almost no problems. It has a decent points system.
Monday, May 03, 2010
I have been using credit cards since quite some time now and have used of various banks. Here is a brief on my experience with them.